Friday, April 23, 2010

Are you the one?

Is it true that most men know within 365 days if you are "the one" for them?
For me It took 1 year of seeing her around, 1 year of becoming her friend....like a real friend.... 4 months of dating until I proclaimed her as the one and put a ring on it. I knew about 6 months into befriending her...I thought I knew even sooner but wasn't sure.

If you have been dating a guy for more than 365 days...Please, please ask him. "Am I the one?" "How will you know the one when you see her?".... The words "You are the one" should be connected to some kind of action. When he really means it, the action will be connected to a date. When a man is for sho nuff ready he will even plan it down to a time. Praise God!
... See More
IF you have been dating a man for 365 days and you have been told that "your the one" and there are no actions, no dates, no times set then
"YOU ARE BEING TREATED LIKE A BACK POCKET CHICK."
You deserve better because men treat the back pocket chick as a plan B to whats really important in his life. School, some other chick, his money, etc.

Stay of you want to but hear me when I tell you. I did this to a woman for 8 years! You got a decade to wait on some dude that says that "your the one" but wont put a ring on it? That IS NOT wisdom. You have to realize that a man that calls you the one but wont marry you doesn't really mean it. What he is really communicating to you is that you are A WIFE and not you are MY WIFE. His actions or lack thereof are evidence of this. (ouch!) Sorry

James is the Host / Writer for FindingMorris.com

Stay in touch

1 comment:

Shon said...

Ouch is right! The truth hurts. I only wish I knew the truth a long time ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and a broken heart (that has taken me years to repair, with the Lord's help, of course)! But I was all into giving a brotha' the time he needed to "get himself together"... oh, and believing him when he said "I Love You". "I Love You" used to get me every time. I used to think when a man can say that to a woman, he must really mean it. With age comes wisdom, and I know better now. Great post, thanks for the heads up!

If you give it up he leaves because your unfaithful, if you hold out he leaves cause your a prude. Is this the norm in today's dating culture?